Hamster balls may seem like a fun way to let your hamster zip around your home but unfortunately they can be a dangerous and stressful experience for your hamster.
- A hamster will be stressed in a hamster ball as it’s senses are restricted.
- It will also be stressed to realise it is trapped with no access to food and water.
- As hamsters have poor eye sight, they will bump into things such as furniture and have little control.
- The slits on the ball also make for poor ventilation but whats worse is that claws can get trapped in the slits and ripped out.
- Depending on the size of the hamster ball it can cause the same back injury as a wheel that is too small.